There are so many things to consider when shopping for brand new kitchen countertops. Appearance, use, and cost are among a few. These must be factored into whenever you make a final buying decision. There are also a wide variety of designs, textures, and colors to choose from. Some of them offer excellent resistance and easy cleaning. The perfect kitchen countertop will depend on your preference, budget, and other personal considerations.
Many people make a mistake when choosing kitchen countertops; they see them as very elegant but extremely expensive, so they opt for cheap variants, only to find out that after several months of use it needs replacement as it is not durable, stains fast and looks all beat up. Do not let this happen; choose high-quality countertops such as the quartz worktops London kitchen suppliers sell.
There are a wide variety of countertops sold on the market today; they can be made of stainless steel, marble, tile, wood, ceramic, and more. A good kitchen countertop must be heavy-duty, waterproof, fireproof, and low maintenance.
For kitchen countertops, here are the top choices:
- Can be styled to any shape or design
- Easy to clean
- Attracts mold and mildew
- Not heat resistant
- Spills and dirt must be cleaned immediately as it can result in stains
- Susceptible to hairline cracking
Natural stone countertops
- Unique design and patterns
- Natural stones like quartz or granite are pricey
- The cheaper versions can easily scratch and chip
- They can be susceptible to staining
- Some natural stones require resealing after some time
- Easy on the budget
- Do not chip
- Heat resistant
- Very easy to clean
- Will not attract mold, mildew, or bacteria
- Installation can be expensive
- Creates noise
- Can easily scratch or dent
- Difficult to repair once installed
- Conducts heat easily. Never place hot pots on them, or the entire counter will become hot.
When choosing countertops for your home
When you finally decide on your countertop, you have to consider your family member’s needs. Do you have kids? What is your budget? What is the size of your kitchen as well as your theme?
The perfect kitchen countertop must not be so cheap that you will need to constantly replace it. It does not have to be so expensive as well that it will create a dent in your pocket. It must be the right combination that matches your kitchen’s theme, is durable, high quality, and easy on the budget.
Lastly, it should be something your entire family will be happy and comfortable using, and it should be something that will last long, so you do not have to replace it for years The best kitchen countertop is not based on the words of advertisers, or what your colleagues at work suggest; it must be something you and your family choose to have and live with.