Throughout the year, a home’s heating needs vary considerably. It is not always easy to adapt to changes in the weather and especially in temperatures. This is where a clever system comes in: the outdoor temperature sensor. Focus on this device.
What is an outdoor temperature sensor?
As its name suggests, the outdoor temperature sensor is installed outside, in order to capture thermal variations. These are then transmitted to the heating system, which adapts its power according to needs.
Concretely, the probe is fixed on an exterior wall of the house, oriented to the north or north-east to prevent direct sunlight from distorting the readings. Placed about 2 meters from the ground, in an unsheltered place and far from any source of cold or heat, the probe will take reliable values. The sensors of the probe then transmit the thermal variations to a regulator, which will trigger, modulate or stop the boiler (or the heat pump).
Ideally, for perfect thermal comfort combined with substantial energy savings, it is to complete the heating installation with a room thermostat. Placed indoors, it will take into account the thermal variations in the house: when cooking, for example, the temperature of the room can easily gain 3 or 4 degrees. So many less heating needs!
The outdoor temperature sensor has obvious advantages:
- Maintenance of an optimal interior temperature, without heating surges, whatever the exterior temperature
- No more inertia problem (in the case of thick walls for example, which take a long time to store heat)
- Energy savings through optimal use of the heating system
- Minimal heat loss in ducts
- No more risk of oversizing the heating system
- Permanent thermal comfort whatever the surface to be heated
- Possible use with various heating systems: boiler, air / air, water / water, air / water heat pumps.
To conclude, the installation of Duct Temperature Sensors has many advantages, both in terms of energy and comfort. Read the rest of the information at blackhawksupply.com. Thanks to the financial aid granted, there is hardly any reason to do without.